Postgraduate Course: Learning and Teaching (EDUA11013)
|Moray House School of Education
|College of Humanities and Social Science
|Available to all students
|Credit level (Normal year taken)
|SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
|Home subject area
|Other subject area
|Taught in Gaelic?
|Participants need to confirm that: they have met the additional entry requirements for the Master of Teaching and have successfully completed Module 1 of the programme.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
Information for Visiting Students
|Displayed in Visiting Students Prospectus?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered
Summary of Intended Learning Outcomes
|Successful completion of the module will allow participants to:
- gain a clear overview of their current conceptions of, and approach to, learning, teaching and assessment;
- develop skills in reporting on learning/teaching activities and progress in pupils' learning and development, using carefully collected evidence from their own context;
- analyse the strengths and limitations of differing representations of learning, teaching and assessment;
- connect up current research perspectives on learning and teaching with the realities of day-to-day practice in creating a positive climate for learning;
- use strategies to enhance learning and focus awareness on the pupil/student's perspective on learning, teaching and assessment;
- consider how in their own context, goals, subject content, teaching, learning and assessment activities can be appropriately aligned and pupil learning be advanced.
|Assignment in range of 4,000-5,000 words
|Ms Gillian Robinson
Tel: (0131 6)51 6426
|Mrs Amanda Mcneill
Tel: (0131 6)51 5337