Postgraduate Course: Landscape Construction 2 (ARCH11185)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||Landscape Construction 2 consists of a series of lectures, seminars, and site visits which feed into studio based projects. It aims to:
1. introduce basic principles and practice of landscape construction / engineering.
2. focus attention on the implementation of detailed design projects through an introduction to tender stage drawing preparation.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2014/15, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
||Please contact the School directly for a breakdown of Learning and Teaching Activities
|Assessment (Further Info)
Please contact the School directly for a breakdown of Assessment Methods
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||project, workbooks and exercises 100%
All learning outcomes must be passed in order to achieve an overall pass.
Students must pass all learning outcomes. The aggregation of failed Learning outcomes with passing learning outcomes to generate an overall pass mark is not permitted. Failure of one learning outcome will result in a Forced Fail (FF) outcome.
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Produce a competent set of tender drawings including adequate materials specification.
- Apply a knowledge and understanding of construction techniques in the preparation of a series of tender stage drawings.
- Clearly communicate information relating to LOs1 and 2 through the application of a range of graphic techniques, skills, and the industry standards.
- Apply an understanding of landform manipulation, grading and drainage to the resolution of particular site issues.
|Dines, N & Brown ,C. (1998) Time-saver standards|
for landscape architecture: design and construction
Landphair, H.C. (1984) Landscape Architecture
Lynch,K. (1984) Site Planning 3rd Ed. MIT Press
Strom S. & Nathan, K. (1998) Site Engineering for
Landsape Architects 3rd. Edition John Wiley & Sons
Untermann, R. (1973) Grade Easy: an introductory
course in the priciples and practices of grading and
drainage, Landscape Architecture Foundation
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||critical analysis, organisation and setting aims
creative problem solving
communication and presentation skills: graphical and verbal
|Course organiser||Mrs Elizabeth Thomas
|Course secretary||Mrs Margaret Dingsdale
Tel: 0131 651 5803
© Copyright 2014 The University of Edinburgh - 12 January 2015 3:21 am