Undergraduate Course: Architectural Studies Dissertation (ARST10001)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||The Dissertation provides the student with an opportunity to investigate an architectural or related topic, negotiated with staff, in depth and to write about it in some detail.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
|Additional Costs|| Expenditure may be incurred in making study visits to archives to gather information.
Further expenditure is required in the creation of the Dissertation. Processes and materials involved in the presentation of the work: printing and reprographic charges, photographic costs, binding etc.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| - Development of the student's intellectual curiosity relating to the dissertation topic
- Nurturing of well-formulated arguments
- Practice in clear written expression against stated objectives
- Demonstration of detailed knowledge of the chosen subject
- Skill in the production of a coherent text - including correct syntax, referencing conventions, properly formulated conclusions and the acknowledgement of sources
- Skill in the production of an attractive dissertation - combining text with illustrations.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||Self-directed study with supervision tutorials by arrangement
|Course organiser||Dr Jim Lawson
Tel: (0131 6)50 2619
|Course secretary||Mrs Rosie Hall
Tel: 0131 651 5802