Undergraduate Course: Intermediate New Testament Greek (BIST08018)
|School||School of Divinity
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 8 (Year 2 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||Consolidation of grammar and vocabulary of the Greek New Testament and readings in selected passages.
Information for Visiting Students
|Pre-requisites||Visiting students should usually have at least 1 introductory level Divinity/Religious Studies course at grade B or above (or be predicted to obtain this) for entry to this course. We will only consider University/College level courses.
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2014/15, Available to all students (SV1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 44,
Feedback/Feedforward Hours 1,
Summative Assessment Hours 2,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 4,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Class test (40%) + Degree exam (60%)
Students must achieve a minimum mark of 40% in both components in order to pass the course.
||Hours & Minutes
|Main Exam Diet S2 (April/May)||2:00|
|Resit Exam Diet (August)||2:00|
| After successful completion of this course students should have:
1. A good reading ability in NT Greek.
2. An acquaintance with the major tools of Greek exegesis: grammars, lexica, concordances.
3. Experience in reading a selection of Greek NT writings.
4. An acquaintance with the textual apparatus of modern Greek NT editions.
5. An ability to identify key terms and their meanings;
6. Good judgement about how to judge the relative importance of items on course bibliographies.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Helen Bond
Tel: (0131 6)50 8923
|Course secretary||Ms Katrina Munro
Tel: (0131 6)50 8900
© Copyright 2014 The University of Edinburgh - 12 January 2015 3:32 am