Undergraduate Course: The Parables of Jesus (BIST10035)
|School||School of Divinity
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 3 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||An exploration of the parables of Jesus in their historical, literary and sociological perspective, assessing key figures in the field and considering the history of reception of well-known parables.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
|Pre-requisites||Permission of the Course Manager.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| At the end of the course, students should be able to:-
- discuss the historical, social and literary significance of a range of parables;
- be familiar with some of the hermeneutical approaches that have been taken to the parables from ancient to modern times;
- evaluate the role of the parables in Gospels research and something of their reception history in wider literature;
- demonstrate an ability to identify key terms and their meanings;
- demonstrate good judgement about how to judge the relative importance of items on course bibliographies.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Keywords||Parables, Jesus, Gospels
|Course organiser||Dr Helen Bond
Tel: (0131 6)50 8923
|Course secretary||Ms Katrina Munro
Tel: (0131 6)50 8900