Undergraduate Course: Design Research and Context 3b (DESI09022)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 9 (Year 3 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
In this course, students will source and analyse appropriate research from the broader external context of their discipline to inform the writing of a professional record of their experience, with appropriate complementary documentation, which will enable them to justify the personal direction of their practice.
1. To enable the student to gather, reflect upon and evaluate a period of personal engagement within their professional context.
2. To enable the student to produce a range of reflective material and documentation which demonstrates an emerging consolidation of personal direction.
3. To develop the students' abilities in critical analysis and reflective appraisal.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2014/15, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 4,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Portfolio and documentation of project work.
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- EVALUATE: demonstrate the ability to record, document and critically evaluate personal experiences within the discipline in an appropriate professional form
- REFLECT: demonstrate the ability to reflect on their personal position and potential future direction within the wider external context of their discipline
- COMMUNICATE: communicate findings from reflective evaluations, analyses and responses orally, visually and in writing, using a variety of strategies.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Ms Zoe Patterson
Tel: (0131 6)51 5720
|Course secretary||Ms Jane Thomson
Tel: (0131 6)51 5713
© Copyright 2014 The University of Edinburgh - 12 January 2015 3:44 am