Undergraduate Course: Design Research and Context 4 Major (DESI10009)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||In this course students will define and analyse a personally selected and justified area of research that is creatively informed, innovative and critically aware. Students will produce a substantial cohesive and resolved body of research work that underpins studio practice.
The aims of the course are:
1. To enable students to propose, justify and undertake a personal research project with clearly defined aims, objectives and methods
2. To enable students to develop a sophisticated body of research material that communicates a progression of ideas and a thorough awareness of contemporary creative practice
3. To develop and consolidate students┐ critical analysis and reflective appraisal of personal research themes
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- INVESTIGATE: use a variety of practical and theoretical methods to demonstrate a sustained and rigorous investigation of personal research themes.
- CHALLENGE: analyse issues arising from the research and challenge established precepts and assumptions.
- PLAN: demonstrate a sense of intention in the development of research enquiry.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Ms Zoe Patterson
Tel: (0131 6)51 5720
|Course secretary||Ms Jane Thomson
Tel: (0131 6)51 5713