Undergraduate Course: Design Studio 4 (DESI10011)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course enables students to develop a personal, integrated, critical and reflective design approach appropriate to their chosen discipline. Students work on self-selected and generated projects within a studio environment.
The aims of the course are:
1. Develop and consolidate personal creative methods, techniques and approaches
2. Explore how practitioners generate and justify personal project briefs
3. Develop and consolidate personal approaches to materials and processes
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- INITIATE: demonstrate the initiation and evaluation of original creative concepts in response to research findings through critical assessment.
- EVALUATE: demonstrate the evaluation of the development of projects through a structured, transparent and personal methodology and considered judgement.
- RESOLVE: demonstrate appropriate material development through a transparent iterative process, leading to resolved outcomes at an appropriate professional standard, demonstrating an integrated relationship between practice, theory and industry.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Ms Zoe Patterson
Tel: (0131 6)51 5720
|Course secretary||Ms Jane Thomson
Tel: (0131 6)51 5713