Undergraduate Course: Medieval Religion in Scotland, c1400-c1560 (ECHS10017)
|School||School of Divinity
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 3 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||An examination of the religion of late medieval Scotland and its relationship to all levels of Scottish society.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
|Pre-requisites||Visiting students should have at least 3 Divinity/Religious Studies courses at grade B or above (or be predicted to obtain this). We will only consider University/College level courses.
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2014/15, Available to all students (SV1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 33,
Feedback/Feedforward Hours 1,
Summative Assessment Hours 2,
Revision Session Hours 1,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 4,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||30% essay;10% blogs and non-written skills
60% degree examination.
||Hours & Minutes
|Main Exam Diet S1 (December)||2:00|
| By the completion of the course, students will have:
- gained an understanding of Scottish religious beliefs and practices during the late medieval period and evaluated the place of the church within the kingdom;
- acquired a general insight into the complex relationship between the relevant religion and society;
- increased and refined their historical skills through a thorough investigation of a complex historical problem and the use of contemporary evidence to enable them to evaluate and assess primary material;
- enhanced their reading, writing and presentation skills and their ability to participate actively in seminar leadership and discussion.
-demonstrated an ability to identify key terms and their meanings
- demonstrated good judgement about how to judge the relative importance of items on course bibliographies.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Prof Jane Dawson
Tel: (0131 6)50 8913
|Course secretary||Ms Katrina Munro
Tel: (0131 6)50 8900
© Copyright 2014 The University of Edinburgh - 12 January 2015 3:46 am