Undergraduate Course: Physical Education PE4C Research (EDUA10087)
|School||Moray House School of Education
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||The course is given over to the production by students of the Professional Investigation which is the major piece of written work in the programme (7000 words: doubly weighted for assessment purposes). Essentially the course involves students in independent research of a selected topic. Tutorial support is given (3 hours). The process of production of the Professional Investigation is started in year 3 within PE3C Research.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2014/15, Available to all students (SV1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 6,
Dissertation/Project Supervision Hours 4,
Fieldwork Hours 100,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 8,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||7000 word Professional Investigation 100%
|No Exam Information
| To develop a student's:
1. Understanding of the research process.
2. Capacity to identify a research problem.
3. Capacity to select appropriate procedures of enquiry.
4. Appreciation of conceptual or empirical implications of the research enterprise.
5. Capacity to evaluate the study.
6. Capacity to adopt an enquiry orientation towards their professional practice.
7. Capacity to value themselves as growning professional by taking responsibilty for their professional learning and development.
8. Appreciation of how to adopt a reflective questioning approach to their professional practice and engage appropriately in professional enquiry and research.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||Other timetable information available in Course Booklet
|Course organiser||Miss Shirley Gray
Tel: (0131 6)51 6681
|Course secretary||Ms Norma Turnbull
Tel: (0131 6)51 6210
© Copyright 2014 The University of Edinburgh - 12 January 2015 3:49 am