Undergraduate Course: Physical Education Placement 3 (EDUA10129)
|School||Moray House School of Education
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 3 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||In keeping with other BEd (Physical Education) placement experiences, Year 3 Placement provides a focus for all other courses in aiding the development of a students understanding of a teachers practice. Students are required to fulfil an extended placement experience in order to test their capabilities and to examine their work in the light of courses that have informed them in Curriculum and Perspectives. The respective courses in Physical Education and Education act to support the students throughout their placement experiences and to allow them subsequently to reflect on practice. Year 3 Placement represents a further opportunity to acquire the practical knowledge and understanding of the professional, curricular and pedagogical demands of teaching physical education in the secondary sector. By progressing this experience over four years it affords the student a gradually more demanding context to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes associated with teaching physical education.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2014/15, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Summative Assessment Hours 3,
Placement Study Abroad Hours 397,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Performance on placement will be assessed as satisfactory/unsatisfactory.
A student will be able to repeat on one further occasion an unsatisfactory placement.
A second unsatisfactory would mean that the Teaching Qualification could not be awarded.
|No Exam Information
| On completion of this 40-credit course, students will be able to:-
- Prepare, teach and evaluate physical education classes in S1-S4.
- Become more confident to prepare, teach and evaluate physical education classes in Standard Grade Physical Education (SGPE) contexts.
- Consider current curricular developments in core, SGPE and Higher Still Physical Education (HSPE).
- Reflect on observations of teaching HSPE classes.
- Consider whole school policies as they relate to special educational needs.
- Describe and analyse the nature of the organisation and functioning of the school.
- Achieve a level of teaching competence in physical education associated with the SITE benchmark statements.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||Timetable information available in Course Booklet.; Placement
|Course organiser||Ms Rosemary Mulholland
Tel: (0131 6)51 6680
|Course secretary||Ms Norma Turnbull
Tel: (0131 6)51 6210
© Copyright 2014 The University of Edinburgh - 12 January 2015 3:49 am