Postgraduate Course: Managing Organisational Learning and Knowledge (EDUA11081)
|School||Moray House School of Education
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||This course seeks to critically explore key issues concerned with the development, management and processes of learning environments in organisations. A range of theories, concepts and strategies are examined on the nature and process of learning and its significance in the development of knowledge in organisations.
The course also reviews a range of contemporary developments claiming to support and promote learning to facilitate increased organisational effectiveness. There is an investigation of two concepts - the learning organisation and the contribution of HRD towards creating a 'cutting edge' organisation.
1. continuous professional development,
2. team and individual learning,
3. the use of communications and information technology,
4. the integration of formal and informal learning processes into work practice,
5. learning to enhance creativity and innovation.
6. the increasing trend towards self management of learning,
7. approaches to the training, support and development of those involved in the facilitation and support of learning (such as managers, human resource professionals), and the significance of issues such as processes of thinking, problem solving and decision-making.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| By the end of this module course members should be able to:
LO.1 Critically evaluate contemporary perspectives on the significance of learning processes in the creation and management of organisational knowledge
LO.2 Critically evaluate a range of theories, concepts and approaches on the nature and process of learning and the implications of different approaches and methods in training and human resource development
LO.3 Compare a range of theoretical perspectives, methods and approaches to the development and support of formal and informal learning for individuals and groups in organisations
LO.4 Understand the process involved in building and maintaining a supportive environment for the achievement and application of learning to support organisational objectives.
LO.5 Understand the processes involved in supporting and developing those involved in the management of learning processes in an organisation.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Mr David Griffiths
|Course secretary||Mrs Susan Scott
Tel: (0131 6)51 6573