Undergraduate Course: Electronic/Electrical Engineering System Design 5 (ELEE11050)
|School||School of Engineering
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Year 5 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||Students are introduced to a systematic approach to electronic / electrical system design and innovation. The key elements of the approach are:
1. design from external specifications;
2. problem definition;
3. physical understanding;
4. solution generation with value judgement;
5. "realisation" of potential solutions. Students are encouraged to develop their own solutions.
The aims of this module are:
1. To introduce students the use of a suitable numerical modeling software application for system design;
2. To introduce students to designing from professional specifications;
3. To introduce students to working with minimal supervision;
Information for Visiting Students
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| Students should:
1. Acquire skills in creative technical thinking and design of systems.
2. Become familiar with using a suitable numerical modeling software application.
3. Be aware of industrial design specification requirements.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||20 hour(s) per week for 5 week(s).
|Course organiser||Dr John Thompson
Tel: (0131 6)50 5585
|Course secretary||Mrs Sharon Potter
Tel: (0131 6)51 7079