Undergraduate Course: Sport and Recreation: Introduction to Management 1A (SPRT08008)
|School||Moray House School of Education
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 8 (Year 1 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||The aim of this half course is to develop an understanding of theories and principles and of management and how they apply to sport and recreation organisations in the public, commercial and voluntary sectors of the sport and recreation industry. It will examine the differences and similarities in management in the sectors and the processes of delivery in these dynamic environments.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
|| Students MUST have passed:
||Other requirements|| Not open to outside students
|Additional Costs|| None.
Information for Visiting Students
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| By the end of this course students will be expected to:
- understand theories and principles of management and how they relate to sports and recreation organisations;
- identify the differences in policy principles and the context of management processes in the different sectors of the sport and recreation;
- understand the interrelationship between demand and supply and the planning of sport and recreation in a mixed economy;
- demonstrate knowledge of the economic significance of sport and recreation industry in the UK;
- demonstrate oral and written communication skills.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Matthew Mcdowell
Tel: (0131 6)51 6598
|Course secretary||Miss Sarah Fraser