Undergraduate Course: BEng Electronics Project 4 (ELEE10013)
|School||School of Engineering
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||The BEng Electronics project is a practical research or design exercise which will give the student experience in applying knowledge and understanding gained in earlier study, as well as increasing the student's competence in the area of Electronics. The objective output of a project is a novel design, or empirical knowledge, the extent of attainment of which forms part of the overall assessment. However, skills and attitudes appropriate to the professional engineer, developed in pursuit of the objective output, are just as important and are given corresponding weight in the assessment.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
|| Students MUST have passed:
||Other requirements|| Only open to Honours students in the appropriate Engineering discipline.
Information for Visiting Students
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| On successful completion of the project a student should be able to:
- plan a project, by formulating objectives and a time schedule, identifying milestones, deliverables, constraints and the resources needed;
- manage a project, by working to the plan, keeping comprehensive records and exercising time management;
- identify sources of information and carry out an information search by selecting, collating and evaluating information from a variety of sources;
- write a clear, well-presented report, containing critical assessment of the project work and setting it in context;
- in a viva voce exam, describe, explain, discuss, support and critically appraise aspects of their project.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||12 hour(s) per week for 20 week(s).
|Course organiser||Dr Stewart Smith
Tel: (0131 6)50 7471
|Course secretary||Mrs Sharon Potter
Tel: (0131 6)50 7701