Undergraduate Course: Sanskrit: Related Language (1) Pali (ASST10037)
|School||School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- develop a working knowledge of Pali language and literature and acquire a primary-sourced based understanding of early Buddhism.
- translate and analyse a range of Pali texts composed in a variety of genres.
- develop skills in acquiring knowledge of a linguistic and literary culture which they will be able to transfer to study of other languages and literatures.
- communicate their understanding of the linguistic and textual culture of early Buddhism.
- develop skills based on their independent work and interact with class colleagues in communal study of the Pali language and its literature.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Mr Paul Dundas
Tel: (0131 6)50 4175