Undergraduate Course: Design Collaboration 1 - Animation (DESI07022)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 7 (Year 1 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course encourages students to consider different approaches to knowledge and enquiry as they look at issues affecting the world in which we live. It is designed to help students develop a deeper critical understanding of their chosen area of study by setting the subject in a wider context.
1. to introduce students to an issue-based approach to creative and
2. to provide the students with the opportunity to reflect on their
discipline within a wider context.
3. to encourage interdisciplinary collaborative activity and debate.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
|Additional Costs|| class materials
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2017/18, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Course Start Date
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 2,
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 10,
Supervised Practical/Workshop/Studio Hours 30,
Feedback/Feedforward Hours 20,
Formative Assessment Hours 2,
Summative Assessment Hours 2,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 4,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
||Feedback will be given within 15 working days from the hand-in date via Learn.
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- ANALYSE: demonstrate the ability to examine an issue from a number of viewpoints in a collaborative context.
- REFLECT: demonstrate the ability to reflect on their discipline within a wider context.
- COMMUNICATE: communicate proposals, concepts and responses orally, visually and in writing, using a variety of appropriate methods and forums.
- Wells, P. The Fundamentals of Animation. AVA Publishing (2006)
- Williams, R. The Animator's Survival Kit. Revised Edition, Faber & Faber (2009)
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Mrs Rachel Everitt
Tel: (0131 6)51 5964
|Course secretary||Miss Karolina Mazur
Tel: (0131 6)51 5712