Undergraduate Course: Design Collaboration 2 (DESI08008)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 8 (Year 2 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course encourages students to engage with different approaches to knowledge and enquiry as they look at issues affecting the world in which we live. It is designed to help students further a deeper critical understanding of their chosen area of study by setting the subject in a wider context. The aims of the course are:
1. Consolidate an issue-based approach to creative and intellectual endeavour.
2. To provide the students with the opportunity for rigorous reflection on their discipline within a wider context.
3. To refine interdisciplinary collaborative activity and debate.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- ANALYSE: Demonstrate the ability to examine increasingly complex issues from a number of view points in a collaborative context
- REFLECT: Demonstrate ability to reflect on their discipline with a complex wider context
- COMMUNICATE: Refine communication of proposals, concepts and responses orally, visually and in writing, using a variety of appropriate methods and forums
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Jonathan Murray
|Course secretary||Ms Jane Thomson
Tel: (0131 6)51 5713