Undergraduate Course: Design Studio 2 - Interior Design (DESI08050)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 8 (Year 2 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course introduces students to the fundamental knowledge and skills appropriate to their chosen discipline. Students work on a series of exercises and projects of differing time-frames and increasing complexity within a studio environment. Students are encouraged to develop an iterative creative process that incorporates making, evaluating, presenting and reflecting.
The aims of the course are:
1. To introduce appropriate creative methods, techniques and approaches
2. To explore how practitioners personally respond to briefs
3. To introduce appropriate materials and processes
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2017/18, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Course Start Date
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 3,
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 20,
Supervised Practical/Workshop/Studio Hours 48,
External Visit Hours 8,
Feedback/Feedforward Hours 27,
Formative Assessment Hours 3,
Summative Assessment Hours 3,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 8,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
||Feedback will be given within 15 working days from the hand-in date via Learn.
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- EVALUATE: evaluate and respond to project briefs and formulate appropriate approaches.
- DEVELOP: apply fundamental material and conceptual development through a transparent iterative process.
- REALISE: evaluate a body of research work, and select and realise suitable project solutions through structured and transparent methodologies.
|Interior Design - Design Studio 2|
- Brooker, G. & Stone, S. Interior Architecture. Basics Series
- Plunkett, D. Drawing for Interior Design. Lawrence King
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Ms Rachel Simmonds
Tel: 0131 221 6130
|Course secretary||Miss Karolina Mazur
Tel: (0131 6)51 5712