Undergraduate Course: Design Research 4 (Interior) (DESI10033)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course is only available to students in the School of Design.
Indicative course content
This course enables students to develop a personal, integrated, critical and reflective design approach appropriate to their chosen discipline. Students work on self-selected and generated projects within a studio environment.
Aims of course
1 develop and consolidate personal creative methods, techniques and approaches
2 explore how practitioners generate and justify personal project briefs
3 develop and consolidate personal approaches to materials and processes
Mode of delivery
Studio-Based Project Work, Group Crits, Individual and Group Mentoring, Project Review
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2017/18, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Course Start Date
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 22,
Feedback/Feedforward Hours 50,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 8,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Assessment is by submission of portfolio of project work at the end of the course.
||Formative feedback/feedforward is provided at designated points during the course, and may take a variety of forms (e.g., written verbal) and be delivered through a variety of contexts (e.g., one-to-one meeting, small group crit, VLE posting).
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- INVESTIGATE: use a variety of practical and theoretical methods to demonstrate a sustained and rigorous investigation of personal research themes
- CHALLENGE: analyse issues arising from the research and challenge established precepts and assumptions
- PLAN: demonstrate a sense of purpose in the development of lines of research inquiry
|DESI10033 Design Research 4¿ Interior Design|
- Sully, A. Interior Design Theory & Process. A & C Black
- Hollis, E. The Secret Lives of Buildings. Portobello Books
- Dexter, E. Vitamin D : new perspectives in drawing.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Ms Rachel Simmonds
Tel: 0131 221 6130
|Course secretary||Ms Jane Thomson
Tel: (0131 6)51 5713