Postgraduate Course: Leadership and Management Development (EDUA11274)
|Moray House School of Education
|College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)
|SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
|Available to all students
|The focus of this course is on the development of leadership and management in facilitating organisational, team and individual change and growth. There is recognition of differing approaches and interpretations of the concepts of leadership and management within a range of organisational contexts including public, private, not-for-profit, large, small, national, international and multicultural organisations. This module encompasses the development of leadership and management at all levels ranging from first line to senior managers and draws on the established body of knowledge and theory in both leadership and management and learning and development, in addition to the growing body of specialist knowledge in leadership and management development. The course will enable learners to develop a critical understanding of the complexities and contested nature of leadership and management and the contextual opportunities for development. It will enable learners to develop a range of personal and professional skills associated with the development of leadership and management strategies to facilitate organisational development and change. The course requires learners to reflect critically on theory and practice from an ethical and professional standpoint and provides opportunities for applied learning and continuous professional development.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
Information for Visiting Students
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- 1 Explain and critically analyse the concepts of leadership and management and their application in an organisational, social, environmental and multicultural context.
- 2 Evaluate, select and apply a range of approaches to identifying leadership and management development needs in differing organisational contexts.
3 Critically analyse and evaluate approaches to the formulation and implementation of leadership and management development strategies to meet current and future organisational needs.
- 4 Design, critically evaluate and advise on a range of leadership and management development interventions to implement leadership and management development strategies and plans.
5 Work collaboratively, ethically and effectively to support a partnership approach to leadership and management development.
- 6 Explain and evaluate the role of leadership and management development in enhancing and developing organisational competence.
7 Critically assess and evaluate approaches to the development of leadership and management in international and global contexts.
- 8 Act ethically and professionally with a demonstrated commitment to leadership and management development and to continuous personal and professional development
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|The course will be taught in a blended mode. Applicants need to be familiar with the use of IT
|leadership learning development management training HRD
|Mrs Lesley Spencer
Tel: (0131 6)51 6373