Undergraduate Course: Italian Language 2 (ELCI08004)
|School||School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 8 (Year 2 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||Intermediate to advanced language work reinforcing and developing knowledge of, and proficiency in Italian syntax, vocabulary and register.
One grammar seminar and two language tutorials a week.
Tutorials will tend to be focused on textual analysis and oral activities.
Information for Visiting Students
|Pre-requisites||Entry to any language course above introductory level is subject to a language test by the relevant subject area on arrival and at the discretion of the course organiser.
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2017/18, Available to all students (SV1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 22,
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 44,
Summative Assessment Hours 2,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 4,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Two language tests 12%
Listening test 10%
Oral test 12%
Writing Portfolio 6%
||Written explanations, corrections and suggestions for improvement provided by tutors on all marked work.
||Hours & Minutes
|Main Exam Diet S2 (April/May)||2:00|
|Resit Exam Diet (August)||2:00|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a nuanced command of Italian, and improve critical understanding of a variety of styles and registers.
- Rapidly grasp the content and significance of a range of more complex written and aural material.
- Write more accurately and at length in different registers of Italian.
- Further develop effective communication skills in Italian, on both an impromptu and prepared basis.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
|T. Marin, NUOVO PROGETTO ITALIANO 3, Edilingua, 2008|
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
1 Grammar Seminar (Monday)
2 Language Tutorials (Tuesday and Thursday )
|Keywords||DELC Italian 2 Lang
|Course organiser||Dr Luana Babini
Tel: (0131 6)51 1360
|Course secretary||Miss Fiona Jack
Tel: (0131 6)50 3635