Undergraduate Course: Russian Language 2 (ELCR08003)
|School||School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 8 (Year 2 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||The objective of the course is to improve communicative skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening activities; to give comprehensive cover of Russian grammar with particular emphasis on the study of verb categories; to considerably extend the students' active and passive vocabulary
Information for Visiting Students
|Pre-requisites||Entry to any language course above introductory level is subject to a language test by the relevant subject area on arrival and at the discretion of the course organiser.
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2017/18, Available to all students (SV1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 88,
Summative Assessment Hours 2,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 4,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||coursework 50%; degree examination 50%
||Hours & Minutes
|Main Exam Diet S2 (April/May)||2:00|
|Resit Exam Diet (August)||2:00|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Continue to develop a more nuanced command of Russian vocabulary, grammar and syntax; along with a critical understanding of a range of more specific areas in Russian culture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main ideas of complex speech on concrete and abstract topics, and an ability to rapidly grasp the content and significance of a range of written material.
- Write at length about topical and cultural issues in a critical manner summarising information accurately and developing a clear argument.
- Further develop effective communication, presentation and interaction skills across a range of media, on both an impromptu and prepared basis.
- Demonstrate self-reliance, initiative, and the ability to work creatively and flexibly with others as part of a team.
|Our reading list is published at this link: http://resourcelists.ed.ac.uk/index.html|
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Keywords||DELC Russian 2 Lang
|Course organiser||Dr Rose France
|Course secretary||Miss Julie Gifford
Tel: (0131 6)50 4026