Undergraduate Course: Group Design Project (Micro-system Biosensor Design) (ELEE11069)
|School||School of Engineering
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||This project is intended to introduce students to multidisciplinary planning and design. The project should develop creative thinking, team skills, and an improved understanding of other disciplines.
The class is divided into teams, each team being tasked with the development of a MEMS cantilever-based sensor capable of detecting one or more contaminants.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| Only available to MEng students in the School of Engineering.
Information for Visiting Students
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| This course is intended to:
- encourage questioning and creative thinking;
- develop skills in problem identification and study planning;
- provide a realistic team working environment;
- further develop communication skills.
By the end of the project the student should have:
- improved team working skills;
- improved communication skills;
- a better appreciation of project planning issues;
- an appetite for creative engineering and planning.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||3 hour(s) per week for 11 week(s).
|Course organiser||Prof Anthony Walton
Tel: (0131 6)50 5620
|Course secretary||Mrs Sharon Potter
Tel: (0131 6)50 7701