Undergraduate Course: Reproductive Biology Project (REPB10003)
|School||Deanery of Biomedical Sciences
||College||College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||A laboratory, clinical/audit or analysis project carried out throughout the second semester.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2017/18, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 2,
Dissertation/Project Supervision Hours 10,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 8,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Lab-based and Clinical/Audit projects:
Project Report - 70%
Practical/Lab Performance - 17.5%
Presentation - 12.5%
Project Report - 80%
Performance - 7.5%
Presentation - 12.5%
||Students get written feedback on Project
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe a question requiring original research through critical reading of current literature. Formulate one or more testable hypotheses or central arguments from the question.
- Identify appropriate methods and models to test the hypotheses or arguments.
- Obtain information to address the hypotheses or arguments using appropriate investigative techniques and research tools. Critically analyze the evidence obtained to refute or support the hypotheses or arguments.
- Integrate your findings with those of others, and indicate the impact this has on the field and how future work may address outstanding questions.
- Communicate your findings and conclusions effectively through your dissertation, lay-summary, and any associated oral or poster presentations.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Christopher Harlow
Tel: (0131) 242 6253
|Course secretary||Mrs Amy Collier
Tel: (0131 6)50 3161