Postgraduate Course: Elementary Modern Hebrew 1A (REST11024)
|School||School of Divinity
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||This is an elementary course in Modern Hebrew (Ivrit). It introduces the student to the language and a beginner┐s level standard in reading, listening and speaking will be reached by the end of the semester.
Students will learn the basic structures of Modern Hebrew grammar, listen, read, write and understand Hebrew to a beginner's level. The course is based on the Ulpan language learning method used for new immigrants to the State of Israel, teaching Hebrew in Hebrew.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Students will learn to read and write in Hebrew script;
- Students will gain knowledge of core Modern Hebrew vocabulary and grammar;
- At the end of the course, students will be able to have basic conversations and write about daily life and modern Israeli culture in present, past and future tenses.
- Students will acquire the ability to listen and comprehend texts in advanced elementary / intermediate Hebrew.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||- Develop oral presentation and participation skills during seminars and group-work, and in written form through essays.
- Organise their own learning, manage workload and work to a timetable.
|Course organiser||Dr Nina Fischer
Tel: (0131 6)50 7992
|Course secretary||Ms Katrina Munro
Tel: (0131 6)50 8900