Undergraduate Course: Group Design Project (Design of Micro-systems) (SCEE11004)
|School||School of Engineering
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||This project is intended to introduce students to multidisciplinary planning and design. The project should develop creative thinking, team skills, and an improved understanding of other disciplines.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| Only available to MEng students in the School of Engineering.
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2017/18, Available to all students (SV1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 33,
Supervised Practical/Workshop/Studio Hours 4,
Formative Assessment Hours 1,
Summative Assessment Hours 20,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 4,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
|No Exam Information
| This course is intended to:
- encourage questioning and creative thinking;
- develop skills in problem identification and study planning;
- provide a realistic team working environment;
- further develop communication skills.
By the end of the project the student should have:
- improved team working skills;
- improved communication skills;
- a better appreciation of project planning issues;
- an appetite for creative engineering and planning.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||3 hour(s) per week for 11 week(s).
|Course organiser||Dr Rebecca Cheung
Tel: (0131 6)50 5749
|Course secretary||Miss Megan Inch
Tel: (0131 6)51 7079