Postgraduate Course: Communication Project (Theology and Ethics of Communication) (THET11007)
|School of Divinity
|College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)
|SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
|Available to all students
|This course is designed to enable students to: Study the ethical/theological implications of communication theory and practice in particular media Explore theological approaches to ethical issues raised in specific communication media. Identify distinctive theological resources for audiences and producers of particular media. Analyse specific ethical and theological issues raised by a variety of types of communication media. Prepare a dissertation proposal and outline.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of certain forms of communication in human society, with special reference to specific texts in the fields of communication ethics and Christian ethics.
- Know how to read/evaluate/analyse communication ethics issues theologically
- Demonstrate an understanding of the distinctive theological resources available to communication ethicists
- Demonstrate communication/presentational skills in a small group context
- Have built the foundations for their 15,000 world dissertation, to be written over the summer
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Prof Jolyon Mitchell
Tel: (0131 6)50 8922
|Ms Karoline Mclean
Tel: (0131 6)50 8952