Undergraduate Course: Environmental Engineering Design Project 5 (CIVE11041)
|School||School of Engineering
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Year 5 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This project is intended to focus students on holistic design of water, groundwater, wastewater, or pollution control / mitigation works against time and cost constraints. The project should develop creative thinking as well as team skills. Detailed and iterative calculation abilities will be observed.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| This course is intended to:
- encourage questioning and creative thinking;
- develop skills in problem identification and solution development;
- provide a realistic team working environment;
- develop skills of completing work on time and target.
By the end of the project the student should have:
- improved design skills;
- improved communication skills;
- a better appreciation of project planning issues;
- an appetite for innovative engineering and planning.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Martin Crapper
|Course secretary||Mr Craig Hovell
Tel: (0131 6)51 7080