Postgraduate Course: Implant Supported Prosthodontics (DENT12001)
|School||Deanery of Clinical Sciences
||College||College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 12 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||Implant-Borne Prostheses are now considered a predictable solution in many prosthodontics scenarios; knowledge of the planning and delivery of such prostheses is essential for the modern Prosthodontist. This course will provide a review of the literature in this area and instruction in the fundamental surgical and prosthodontics skills that are required.
Cement v Screw retention
Biomechanics of 6.Implants
Surgical Aspects of care
Extended Bound Saddle
Block and Sinus grafting
Success and Survivals
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2018/19, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Course Start Date
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 8,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Written Examination - 90 minutes - 70%
Practical Examination - Submitted Case Reports and Oral Examination - 20%
Course Work - 10%
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Have Knowledge of the basic science that supports implantology.
- Be able to make diagnoses and plan treatment for patients requiring implant-based care.
- Be familiar with the surgical protocols for the placement of dental implants.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the prosthodontic procedures associated with implant-based care.
- Be able to identify and manage a variety of complications associated with dental implant treatment.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Keywords||Osseointegration,Fixed Prosthodontics,Oral Rehabilitation.
|Course organiser||Dr Krishna Bhatia
Tel: (0131) 536 3976
|Course secretary||Ms Anna Atluri
Tel: (0131) 536 3979