Postgraduate Course: Specialist-Level Clinical Case-Reports (DENT12009)
|School||Deanery of Clinical Sciences
||College||College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 12 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||Management of two patients who demonstrate complex or multi-disciplinary care who have been independently and personally treated by the student with both written-up as two fully-documented case-reports.
Management of two patients who demonstrate complex or multi-disciplinary care will be independently assessed, treatment planned and managed by the student. Two fully-documented clinical case-reports will be assessed independently in both the written- and oral format by two examiners. Equal weighting will be applied to both components of the assessment and grades will be assigned for the operative- and management techniques undertaken, the outcome of treatment and the objective assessment of the case in addition to the verbal defence of the cases and the quality of the presentation and the clarity and relevance of images provided.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Clinical competence at the level of a specialist for an appropriate range of treatment techniques
- The ability to analyse and manage complex problems within their discipline
- The ability to consider, appraise and evaluate the relative benefits of different modalities of dental treatment appropriate to the discipline
- The ability to determine evidence-based best-practice according to individual patient need and the ability to evaluate the efficacy of treatments
- The ability to interact and work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team amongst dental, medical and surgical specialties
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Keywords||Clinical care; complex care; multi-disciplinary care; independent practice; specialist-level
|Course organiser||Dr Jennifer Foley
|Course secretary||Ms Anna Atluri
Tel: (0131) 536 3979