Undergraduate Course: Oral for Italian (ELCC10017)
|School||School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||Assessment of oral language skills
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2018/19, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 22,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
Assessment and final mark weighting:
Class presentations 10%;
Listening Comprehension Test 20%
Final Oral Presentation and Discussion 70%
Oral will be held in revision week of Semester 2 Exam diet.
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad palette of Italian vocabulary with a high degree of grammatical accuracy in fluent and spontaneous discussion, even on abstract, complex and unfamiliar topics, supported by a sophisticated understanding of Italian culture.
- Engage successfully with recorded and live speech on concrete and abstract topics, even when not clearly structured or explicitly expressed, as well as long and complex factual and literary texts, with figurative or specialised language.
- Produce clear, complex reports, which develop arguments both critically and systematically with the use of relevant emphases, subsidiary points, and examples.
- Demonstrate finely honed communication, presentation and interaction skills across a wide range of media and circumstances, both formal and informal, for lay and specialised audiences.
- Consistently exercise autonomy and initiative, taking significant responsibility for the work of others and for a range of resources to bring about new thinking.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||This code allows Personal Tutor to register students for the 0 credit-rated MEL Honours oral
|Course organiser||Dr Nicolo Maldina
Tel: (0131 6)50 3642
|Course secretary||Miss Fiona Jack
Tel: (0131 6)50 3635