Postgraduate Course: Personalisation and Outcomes: theoretical perspectives and practical approaches (ISSH11022)
|School||School of Health in Social Science
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||This course supports senior health and social care professionals involved in the implementation and development of outcomes focussed and personalised approaches. The course provides an opportunity for students to critically engage with the theoretical underpinnings of personalisation and outcomes as well as empirical and practice evidence. This course will be targeted at existing students in MSc Integrated Service Improvement and other programmes within the school. As a CPD opportunity it will be marketed across health, social care, housing, public, private and voluntary sectors where staff and managers are increasingly seeking to personalise services and supports. This is an option course for the MSc in Integrated Service Improvement. It is also available as a standalone CPD credit and non credit course.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the different theoretical, political and policy drivers towards personalisation and outcomes focussed practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of outcomes from the perspectives of various interest gruops in health and social care.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the different ways in which personalisation has been implemented in practice with different client groups, including people with communication difficulties and limited capacity
- Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges and supports to the implementation of personalisation and outcomes-focused approaches in practice
- Demonstrate appreciation of the research and practice evidence as to the impact of a move towards personalisation and outcomes-focused approaches on individual service users and carers, staff and whole systems
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Marisa De Andrade
Tel: (0131 6)51 5554
|Course secretary||Miss Sue Larsen
Tel: (0131 6)51 6671