Postgraduate Course: Leadership across different health care contexts: achieving your potential: Work based/related application (NUST11046)
|School||School of Health in Social Science
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||The concepts, to which the practitioner has been introduced in 'Leadership across different health care contexts: achieving your potential' (P02953), are enhanced through the work-related opportunities presented in this course.
Enable practitioners to develop their leadership potential to influence policy and improve their working lives.
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to set appropriate LOs and prepare a learning contract in an creative manner.
- Critical appraisal of the application of theory and the application of evidence in an appropriate setting.
- Exercise substantial autonomy and initiative in professional activities.
- Demonstrate ability for critical reflection and critical evaluation of the learning objectives.
- Demonstrate awareness of the skills and knowledge required to provide strategic leadership for healthcare.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||Demonstrate originality and creativity in the application of knowledge, understanding and practices
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||Each student will have a personal academic advisor. In addition fortnightly action learning classes will be held.
An online discussion forum will be used.
|Course organiser||Ms Maggie Carson
Tel: (0131 6)51 3928
|Course secretary||Mr Sergio Mori Sierra
Tel: (0131 6)50 4661