Undergraduate Course: Chemical Engineering Study Project 4 (CHEE10009)
|School||School of Engineering
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||The Study project is an individual project consisting of a literature survey, a self-study module or an experimental or computational investigation related to a research topic. The study project may contain elements of more than one type of activity under these heading. Any novel research work is expected to be of relatively modest scope.
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2019/20, Available to all students (SV1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 2,
Dissertation/Project Supervision Hours 10,
Formative Assessment Hours 1,
Summative Assessment Hours 10,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 2,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||The final mark consists of the following elements:
1) Technical content (40 %)
2) Understanding and analysis (30 %)
3) Presentation of report (30 %)
||Feedback of literature review plan can be sought from your supervisors.
|No Exam Information
| Students will:
1. demonstrate the ability to use published reference material, including textbooks, technical journals and web articles as the study project requires;
2. show that they can develop a critical review of the specified study project subject matter;
3. demonstrate the ability to write a substantial technical report.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||4 hour(s) per week for 10 week(s).
|Course organiser||Dr Michael Chen
|Course secretary||Mrs Shona Barnet
Tel: (0131 6)51 7715