Postgraduate Course: Global Health: Fundamentals (EMND11031)
|School||Deanery of Biomedical Sciences
||College||College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
|Course type||Online Distance Learning
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||This course introduces the concept of global health and develops themes relating specifically to infectious diseases.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2019/20, Available to all students (SV1)
|Course Start Date
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 4,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Written assignment constituting 60% of the course mark.
Online assignment constituting 40% of the course mark.
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- To become familiar with the primary sources of information relating to Global Health.
- To understand the main problems and issues of Global Health and how these are defined.
- To appreciate how infectious diseases fit into the wider Global Health perspective.
- To develop transferable study skills.
- To contribute to a global community of learners and engage with colleagues.
|Course organiser||Dr Kim Picozzi
Tel: (0131 6)50 6257
|Course secretary||Miss Fiona Brodie
Tel: (0131 6)51 5997