Postgraduate Course: Professional Development Programme (EDUA11194)
|School||Moray House School of Education and Sport
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||Additional programme requirement.
The Professional Development Programme (PDP) is a requirement for Postgraduate Diploma and MSc students. The PDP is comprised of field courses (which vary according to Outdoor Education and Outdoor Environmental & Sustainability Education degree programmes), a four-week work placement, a two-day first-aid for the outdoors course, and a two-week expedition (for OE students).
The field courses (canoeing, hillwalking, rock climbing, winter hillwalking, sea kayaking) take advantage of the unique attributes of Scotland's spectacular landscape. As students inevitably possess a range of backgrounds and abilities, the goals of these courses to experience living on and travelling through the Scottish landscape, increase technical and practical abilities at a level that is individually appropriate, and link the theory and practice of outdoor/outdoor environmental education.
See website for further details: http://www.ed.ac.uk/education/institutes/etl/outdoor-education/programmes/professional-development-programme
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
|Additional Costs|| Students are responsible for personal outdoor clothing and footwear. Specialist clothing and equipment is mostly provided.
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the principal elements of the area of course study in question;
- Develop a critical understanding of the underlying theories, concepts, and principles related to the application of the area of study within outdoor and environmental education;
- Apply skills developed in a knowledgeable manner;
- Experience and critically review the application of areas of the Professional Development Programme under the guidance of specialist practitioners;
- Have the opportunity to exercise autonomy and initiative in the professional workplace and apply theoretical understandings in real world situations.
|Course organiser||Dr Heidi Smith
|Course secretary||Miss Hanna Albrecht
Tel: (0131 6)51 6012