Postgraduate Course: Managing Organisational Learning and Knowledge (EDUA11276)
|School||Moray House School of Education and Sport
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||The course will examine the knowledge management continuum, with an emphasis on the interaction between technology and human resources, with an emphasis on technology as an enabler for collaborative knowledge spaces, such as communities of practice. The course explores the implications for professional practice and requires learners to reflect critically on theory and practice from an ethical and professional standpoint and provides opportunities for applied learning and continuous professional development.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the meanings attached to the concepts of knowledge management and organisational learning and associated theories. 2. Analyse and critique a range of applications of the concepts in organisational practices.
- Design and develop organisation-based knowledge management strategies and programmes that promote, facilitate and exploit processes of organisational learning, taking account of a range of contextual factors.
- Manage the implementation of knowledge management strategies and processes to support and facilitate organisational learning with the engagement and support of other professionals and managers.
- Understand the importance of collaboration and the associated enablers of motivation, organisational typology, structure and culture in the success of knowledge management projects.
- Act ethically and professionally with a demonstrated commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity and to continuous personal and professional development.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Keywords||knowledge learning management
|Course organiser||Mr Peter Evans
Tel: (0131 6)51 6345
|Course secretary||Ms Mairi Ross
Tel: (0131 6)51 6433