Undergraduate Course: Oral for Spanish (ELCC10015)
|School||School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||Assessment of oral language skills
Honing of listening comprehension skills and of spoken skills, with particular focus on the discussion of academic and topical issues
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2021/22, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 22,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||100% Coursework - Listening comp 20% / Course Performance 30%/ Oral 50%.
Oral is in Revision week of Semester 2 Exam diet.
||Oral feedback on all formative work.
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and accurately when speaking Spanish.
- Understand spoken Spanish in its various accents of peninsular Latin-America origin and registers ranging from formal to informal.
- Analyse and discuss a range of issues including current affairs and culture.
- Organise, summarise, and defend a line of reasoning within the framework of a structured and reasoned argument.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of spoken Spanish grammar structure, register and vocabulary.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||This code allows Personal Tutor to register students for the 0 credit-rated MEL Honours oral
|Course organiser||Ms Marian Aldaz Arechaga
Tel: (0131 6)50 8305
|Course secretary||Miss Kat Zabecka
Tel: (0131 6)50 4026