Undergraduate Course: Modern Persian Literature (IMES10009)
|School||School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 3 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course considers the writings of several contemporary Iranian authors
The course IMES10061, Modern Persian Literature and 'Modern' Iran, is a version of this course studying the texts in English translation.
The course IMES110070, Modern Persian Literature and Modern Iran, is a version of this course studying the texts in English translation for Postgraduate students.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| Before enrolling students on this course, you are asked to contact the IMES Secretary to ensure that a place is available (Tel: 504182, e-mail email@example.com). Students not studying Persian degrees must contact the course organiser to check level of Persian language ability before being enrolling on the course.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Gain an overview of the history and development of Modern Persian literature.
- Develop an understanding of the social and historical developments within modern Iran.
- Evaluate primary and secondary materials relating to the study of Persian literature.
- Engage with modern Persian text in its primary source.
- Engage critically with modern Persian literature and conduct independant research related to the topics and themes of this module.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Prof Andrew Newman
Tel: (0131 6)50 4178
|Course secretary||Ms Monique Brough
Tel: (0131 6)50 3618