Postgraduate Course: Design Intervention (AREA11002)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
Design principles; visual impact; legal and ethical constraints; design processes.
1. To investigate and assess the impact of new design within historic environment.
2. To consider how existing buildings may be sensitively transformed.
Mode of delivery:
This course is chiefly taught through studio-based project seminars with supporting lectures and visits.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Knowledge of the skills and processes involved in architectural design.
- Understanding of the architect¿s approach to existing buildings, and of the impact of new work on existing built fabric.
- Display organisational, verbal and presentational skills appropriate to Design.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Ruxandra-Iulia Stoica
Tel: (0131 6)51 5746
|Course secretary||Mrs Rosie Hall
Tel: 0131 651 5802