Postgraduate Course: Chinese Language Intermediate 1A (ASST11061)
|School||School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course is designed for postgraduate students who have reached an intermediate level of the Chinese language when admitted to the Master of Chinese Studies programme.
The course consists of 5 components:
1) Textbook studies (NPCR)
2) Reading & Composition
3) Chinese for Year Abroad
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| Students who wish to take this course must attend an entry exam set by Asian Studies during Week 1 and satisfy the examiner.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Confidently use a range of upper-intermediate grammatical structures in spoken and written Chinese.
- Employ a good range of vocabulary on topics related to contemporary and modern society, tradition and culture.
- Iinterpret and identify the contents of complex texts on concrete and abstract topics.
- Distinguish and compare cross-cultural differences, problems and solutions.
- Discuss information with relative fluency and spontaneity in spoken form when interacting with native Chinese speakers.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||Chinese Intermediate 1A course is a continuation of Chinese 1B, and is NOT available to outside students. Native or near-native speakers of Chinese are NOT permitted on the course.
To be able to enrol for this course, students MUST have passed: Chinese IB (ASST11041).
|Course organiser||Dr Duo Luan
Tel: (0131 6)51 7112
|Course secretary||Miss Charlotte McLean
Tel: (0131 6)50 4114