Postgraduate Course: Selected Topics in Biblical Studies (BIST11002)
|School||School of Divinity
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||An examination of major contributions to Biblical Studies, and their critical reception.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Show a familiarity with the interests and concerns of modern biblical scholarship.
- Show a broad appreciation for interpretative issues from Jewish and Christian canonical writings.
- Show a detailed understanding of selected issues in biblical interpretation.
- Relate varieties of relevant evidence (biblical, comparative) to given problems in biblical interpretation.
- Offer critical assessments of major contributions in biblical studies.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Matthew Novenson
Tel: (0131 6)50 8942
|Course secretary||Miss Rachel Dutton
Tel: (0131 6)50 7227