Undergraduate Course: Chemical Engineering Research Project 5 (CHEE11017)
|School||School of Engineering
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Year 5 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||The research project in chemical engineering is undertaken by MEng students in their final year. It consists of a piece of original research into some technique or phenomenon in chemical engineering or a related discipline. Research projects range from the purely experimental to entirely computational or theoretical, with many having a mixture of these elements. Each project has three elements:
1. A comprehensive literature review.
2. A substantial project involving the student in independant analysis of a problem, and giving them a degree of responsibility for defining the scope and conduct of the project.
3. Presentation of the work in form of a poster presentation and a report.
Information for Visiting Students
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2022/23, Available to all students (SV1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 2,
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 3,
Dissertation/Project Supervision Hours 20,
Supervised Practical/Workshop/Studio Hours 2,
Formative Assessment Hours 1,
Summative Assessment Hours 40,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 8,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Devise a plan for a research programme which addresses a specified objective;
- Execute a research programme, after having the necessary training and making use as appropriate of the advice of experts;
- Report the results of the research programme.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||15 hour(s) per week for 20 week(s).
|Course organiser||Dr Rodrigo Ledesma Aguilar
|Course secretary||Mrs Shona Barnet
Tel: (0131 6)51 7715