Postgraduate Course: MBA Capstone Project (CMSE11521)
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||The Capstone Project is undertaken in the summer period for full-time students.
Towards the end of the MBA programme students write a 7,500 word problem solving assignment. Students will have the opportunity to follow a research, consultancy or business plan pathway.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2022/23, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
||Block 5 (Sem 2) and beyond
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Dissertation/Project Supervision Hours 6,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 6,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||100% Individual Project
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Study in depth a topic which you are particularly interested in within the field of business studies
- Plan, design, execute and report an important piece of individual research.
- Gain experience of the processes involved in developing research
- Communicate, via a report, complex ideas and information in a coherent and structured manner.
- Contribute to knowledge through one of a research, consultancy or business plan pathways
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||¿ Study in depth a topic which you are particularly interested in within the field of business studies
|Course organiser||Mr Julian Rawel
Tel: (0131 6)50 8067
|Course secretary||Mrs Angela Muir
Tel: (0131 6)51 3854