Undergraduate Course: Design Collaboration 1 - Fashion (DESI07021)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 7 (Year 1 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course encourages students to consider different approaches to knowledge and enquiry as they look at issues affecting the world in which we live. It is designed to help students develop a deeper critical understanding of their chosen area of study by setting the subject in a wider context.
1. to introduce students to an issue-based approach to creative and
2. to provide the students with the opportunity to reflect on their
discipline within a wider context.
3. to encourage interdisciplinary collaborative activity and debate.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
|Additional Costs|| class materials
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- ANALYSE: demonstrate the ability to examine an issue from a number of viewpoints in a collaborative context.
- REFLECT: demonstrate the ability to reflect on their discipline within a wider context.
- COMMUNICATE: communicate proposals, concepts and responses orally, visually and in writing, using a variety of appropriate methods and forums.
- Borrelli, L. Fashion Illustration by Fashion Designers. Hames & Hudson (2008)
- Jones, T. & Rushton, S. Fashion Now 2 : I-D Selects 160 of its Favourite Fashion Designers from Around the World. Taschen (2008)
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Ms Emily Ford-Halliday
Tel: (0131 6)51 5813
|Course secretary||Mrs Gill Lowther