Undergraduate Course: Design Research 1 - Animation (DESI07032)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 7 (Year 1 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course introduces students to a broad range of basic research methods in relation to practical studio work, enabling them to extend their understanding of design practice. The specific aims of the Course are to introduce students to key theories, practices, contexts and debates in design; to encourage the creative and critical development of personal practice; to encourage curiosity and foster critical enquiry.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
|Additional Costs|| Range of design materials and field trips pertaining to programme specialism.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- INVESTIGATE: Show an ability to collect and collate images, objects and texts which demonstrate an investigation of the key research themes.
- CONSIDER: Demonstrate a range of approaches to design research.
- SELECT: Demonstrate the ability to select research themes and begin to develop a personal direction.
- Wells, P. The Fundamentals of Animation. AVA
- Williams, R. The Animator's Survival Kit. Revised
Edition, Faber & Faber (2009)
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||Explore various forms of researching, creative problem solving and decision making, editing, communicating.
|Course organiser||Mrs Rachel Everitt
Tel: (0131 6)51 5964
|Course secretary||Mrs Gill Lowther