Undergraduate Course: Design Studio 1 - Jewellery & Silversmithing (DESI07036)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 7 (Year 1 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course introduces students to a range of design practices through a series of projects enabling the development of fundamental creative and technical skills. Students are encouraged to develop a personal direction through making, evaluating, presenting and reflecting.
The aims of the course are:
1. To introduce fundamental creative methods, techniques and approaches in response to project briefs
2. To encourage curiosity and a sense of risk taking
3. To introduce the fundamental materials and associated processes
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- RESPOND: Demonstrate creative responses to project briefs.
- DEVELOP: Demonstrate a range of fundamental skills and knowledge of processes and materials, through creative projects.
- REALISE: Evaluate a body of research work and select suitable concepts for realisation in an appropriate form.
|Jewellery & Silversmithing|
- McCreight, T. Complete Metalsmith : an illustrated
handbook. Davis Publications (1982)
- Simblet, S. The Drawing Book. London, DK (2005)
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Ms Susan Cross
Tel: 0131 221 6238
|Course secretary||Mrs Gill Lowther