Undergraduate Course: Design Studio 1 - Animation (DESI07042)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 7 (Year 1 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course introduces students to a range of design practices through a series of projects enabling the development of fundamental creative and technical skills. Students are encouraged to develop a personal direction through making, evaluating, presenting and reflecting.
The aims of the course are:
1. To introduce fundamental creative methods, techniques and approaches in response to project briefs
2. To encourage curiosity and a sense of risk taking
3. To introduce the fundamental materials and associated processes
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- RESPOND: Demonstrate creative responses to project briefs.
- DEVELOP: Demonstrate a range of fundamental skills and knowledge of processes and materials, through creative projects.
- REALISE: Evaluate a body of research work and select suitable concepts for realisation in an appropriate form.
- Wells, P. The Fundamentals of Animation. AVA Publishing (2006)
- Williams, R. The Animator's Survival Kit. Revised Edition, Faber & Faber (2009)
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Mrs Rachel Everitt
Tel: (0131 6)51 5964
|Course secretary||Mrs Gill Lowther