Undergraduate Course: Design Collaboration 2 - Animation (DESI08030)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 8 (Year 2 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course encourages students to engage with different approaches to knowledge and enquiry as they look at issues affecting the world in which we live. It is designed to help students further a deeper critical understanding of their chosen area of study by setting the subject in a wider context. The aims of the course are:
1. Consolidate an issue-based approach to creative and intellectual endeavour.
2. To provide the students with the opportunity for rigorous reflection on their discipline within a wider context.
3. To refine interdisciplinary collaborative activity and debate.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
|Additional Costs|| Class materials
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- ANALYSE: Demonstrate the ability to examine increasingly complex issues from a number of view points in a collaborative context
- REFLECT: Demonstrate ability to reflect on their discipline with a complex wider context
- COMMUNICATE: Refine communication of proposals, concepts and responses orally, visually and in writing, using a variety of appropriate methods and forums
|Animation - Design Collaboration 2|
- Purves,B. Basics Animation 04 Stop Motion, AVA
- Van Sijll, J, Cinematic Storytelling: The 100 Most Powerful
Film Conventions Every Filmmaker Must Know. Michael
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Mr Jared Taylor
Tel: (0131 6)51 5964
|Course secretary||Mrs Gill Lowther